Thursday, December 23, 2004

Today was my last day as an employee at the museum. I took all of the snakes with me to tie in with a "things that wriggle" themed event for a group of girl scouts (although there was a boy with them, so maybe I'm mistaken about the whole girl scout thing...) who have been doing different themed activities all week. They started out in the garden looking for worms and ended their day with the snakes. Cute kids. One kid even knew about Mangrove Snakes, which are a personal favorite (for their beauty, not their dispositions).

I'll miss my coworkers and the relaxed work atmosphere. I'll miss all of the regular visitors. Some great things happened while I was employed there. It's also a shame that I won't be there when the new early childhood exhibit space opens. On the other hand, I won't miss the pay, which was quite poor.

Onward.

Of course, I'll be back there the Monday after Christmas, but not as an employee. Now when I take reptiles and other critters to the museum, I do it as a contractor. That means I get paid a lot more. I like that.

Willow has been pretty thrilled about the reptiles lately too. When I brought the snakes home she followed me around saying, "snake! snake!".

Okay, The Dickens is in here shouting at me now. "I wanna eat the pamaytos that my mommy got at the store!" Time to go. The kids have been staying up way too late lately.

No comments: