Thursday, November 20, 2003

It was almost foggy tonight. I could see haloes around the streetlights, and objects in the distance were a little more indistinct than usual (they're always somewhat indistinct because I need glasses). I really love when it gets really foggy, as long as I'm not driving through the mountains at the time. Fog injects a bit of mystery into the scenery. If you combine the fog with darkness, you get twice the mystery. Now all we need is a good blackout. Blackouts are very mysterious, despite all of the finger pointing at certain politicians and corrupt power companies (ha ha, okay, I guess I should say the aesthetic effects of a blackout are mysterious - the origins are always quite humdrum).
Where was I going with this? I dunno. I think I'll end here and go read.

cds I listened to while evidently being less suspicious looking than last night: The Changelings "Astronomica", Agalloch "The Mantle", Rasputina "My Fever Broke", Vasen "Vilda Vasen", and Neurosis & Jarboe "s/t

No comments: