Wednesday, November 19, 2003

I wonder how many real crimes were committed tonight while I was distracting the police force? I must have scared somebody while delivering papers to those nasty big apartments with the security gates, because as I was leaving, a cop with a flashlight flagged me down and said they had gotten a call about some "suspicious activity" inside the complex. I told him that it was probably me, but I hadn't heard anybody yell, and I hadn't broken anything (occasionally a paper will take out a light or a plant...). He let me go, and I noticed that the whole complex was surrounded by cops, one of whom followed me and pulled me over a couple of blocks away. Don't cops communicate with each other? At least she didn't detain me long once she realized that I had already been interrogated.

On the way home, I got to watch the moon rise, its crescent ends pointing upwards, making it resemble a glowing yellow bowl filled with cloud. Other than a couple of stars, it was the only natural light. I often wonder what the valley was like a couple of centuries ago. It has changed a lot just in my lifetime, with new buildings marring the skyline and new freeways, noisy rivers of cars, snaking across the landscape. It would be nice if every once in awhile we could have a night without any artificial light, but we can't, of course.

People would loot. This would probably result in the cops responding to hundreds of calls about "suspicious activity".

cds I listened to while looking highly suspicious: Misia "Ritual", Nurse With Wound "Soliloquy For Lilith" (new triple cd version. Beautiful!!), Joe Hisaishi "Princess Mononoke - symphonic suite", and Vasen "Levande Vasen"

No comments: