Friday, November 21, 2003


I was drawing this picture at work today when a girl, perhaps aged 8 or 9, approached me and exclaimed, "wow! I wish I could draw like that!" I told her she could - all she had to do was practice. I asked her if she liked drawing. She said she did, but didn't have a lot of time. I told her that I didn't either, and that was why I was drawing at work. I told her that if she really wanted to draw, she could find the time. She replied that right after she got home from school she had to watch Pokemon, and then Yu-Gi-Oh came on, and then there were some other shows... and then it was time to do her homework, eat dinner, and go to bed.
I told her that that my secret to being able to "draw like that" was that I never watched TV. She and her brother looked at me like I was crazy.

Alas.

This may be my last post before we make our epic journey to the land of oversized hats. The last time I was there it was on the eve of the stolen election. The media were all set up with their trucks and camera crews, as if they knew what the outcome would be ahead of time. Very sickening. On the plus side, we saw some Germans and some bats. And a snake who was doing his best to find and eat them. The bats, not the Germans.

cds I listened to while feeling excited about the coming week when I get to stay home (away from home) with Jen at night instead of going to work: Howard Shore "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" soundtrack, Harv "Tost!", Cowboy Junkies "Rarities, B-Sides, and Slow, Sad Waltzes", Bukkene Bruse "The Loveliest Rose", Loretta Lynch "s/t", and Manilla Road "Mark of the Beast"

No comments: