Friday, March 25, 2016

More Photos, Taken While Not Sitting In Front Of My Laptop

I feel like this week really validated my decision to go back to working days. The kids were great, saying a number of funny and/or profound things during their time at camp. For example, when we discovered some mating Milkweed bugs, one girl looked down and mock-angrily yelled, "get a room!". At the end of the week a lot of the kids mentioned that they were grateful for the opportunity to get to know students from the other school (we had two different schools at camp this week), and in general, many of the kids indicated that they now have an increased appreciation for wilderness/nature. That's what I want to hear. Sure, sometimes kids just tell you what you want to hear, but in this case, I didn't get that feeling.

Tuesday morning, the first thing I did after opening my eyes was pull back the curtain and look outside. This is often my first action in the morning, but this time the view that greeted me was a bit different:


If you look closely, you can see that she has babies in her pouch. They were wiggling around. By the time I thought to do so, two different neighbors had already called Animal Control for advice. Jeanine later got in touch with the Humane Society (after talking on the phone with some rude person at Animal Control), and the consensus was that the opossum had been scared away from her home by something, and couldn't quite decide what to do. She stayed on the fence for a few hours before vanishing.

And here are a few other photos from my work week.








No comments: