Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Back In the Field

Today was my first official day back in the field at work. I've been the night host since 2007, and although I've led many field classes between then and now, it was always with the understanding that I was still the night host, and just subbing for other staff members.

Technically, I'm subbing this time too, since one of my coworkers is out on maternity leave, but this time I'm staying diurnal and a new position is supposed to be created for me sometime before the end of the school year.

I'm at the Cupertino site this week. The kids and teachers are nice, the cabin leaders seem to know what they're doing, and there are parent chaperons (which is mandated by this this particular school district). I haven't worked with parent chaperons before, but I'm not anticipating that things will be much different.

It rained a little bit, but isn't supposed to rain again until Thursday.

No comments: