Thursday, November 13, 2014

Salamander Watching

Around midnight last night, gusty wind heralded a few hours of light rain, which petered off into heavy mist by daybreak. The Arboreal Salamanders were out on the pathways. I even watched one run up a pathway and startle another one as it passed. Tonight, I had to move one from the ground in front of the hub. I must be part salamander, because I like this weather too. I draw the line at eating worms though.


The week is about over. There has only been one bed wetter (a couple of nights ago) and one puker (a little over an hour ago), making it a relatively easy week. Those two kids might disagree, of course.

It's getting colder at night too. Last night, this wasn't helped by insistence on walking at least two miles during each work shift. Even light rain will soak a person if one is exposed to it long enough.

No comments: