Monday, November 10, 2014

Anniversary

It's true. They're already playing holiday music in the stores. On Saturday, I went to Barnes & Noble with Willow, and there it was. Sappy Christmas music. That's what we get for going to a chain store, I guess.

I managed to successfully flip my sleep schedule for the weekend, something that had been becoming a bit of a chore this season. Of course, I had to stay awake for more than 24 hours to do it, but that's not really that hard for me.

Today, Jeanine and I celebrated our second anniversary. It's hard to believe that it has been two years already. I say that kind of thing enough that I should probably just stop now, but time really does appear to speed up as we get older. We never have as much time left as we think we do. Regardless of the seeming inconsistency of the relative passage of time, we couldn't be happier. Better all the time, actually.

We went for a walk awhile ago, and the air quality seems poor today, with the distance obscured by an unhealthy haze. I still love walking this time of year though, enjoying the cooler temperatures while scuffling through leaves.

Tonight, it's back to work for what we call "all saints' week". Five or six different private catholic schools are attending camp. This often happens on weeks when there's a national holiday that the public schools get off.

While I was typing, Dexter the cat just got chased by his own poop. Sometimes, when he's in his box taking care of kitty stuff, his poop sticks to him and he runs like a mad cat, scattering it as he goes. Comedy gold.

No comments: