Sunday, April 30, 2006

End Capitalism!


End Capitalism!
Originally uploaded by Corbie.
...But since capitalism is still showing no signs of going away, I worked both days this weekend to make some extra money. Not that it's ever really extra, but you get the idea.

Yesterday, I did a couple of birthday parties. I haven't been doing too many parties lately, just one a month. It's not that I've been consciously staying away from them, but time just keeps slipping away when I'm not looking. I'm glad I worked yesterday though, because I got big tips at both parties. The second guy even tipped me in advance, which was a first. He wanted to make sure his son's party was memorable because it was his last one in this country before moving back to Korea (I think...). The most memorable thing about the party for me was that about 6 or 7 (out of about 10 or 11) of the kids acted like they had ADHD. Make that ADHHHHHD. There was lots of random screaming and tackling throughout the hour or so I was there. Lots of bouncing and interrupting too. I told the kids that if they behaved I'd let them zap things with the tesla coil. It sort of worked. Surprisingly, nobody got electrocuted.

Today I supervised the weekend work crew at my main place of employment. A group had rented the site for the weekend, so we had to work around them for most of the day, much delaying the cleaning of the dining hall and some of the cabins. There was a little key SNAFU this morning as well, due to the fact that the keys I had wouldn't fit into the locks on the doors behind which important office equipment, like the fax machine, lurked. Luckily there is a guy who lives on site (the night watchman, actually) and has a whole ring of keys that do fit in the locks.

Now, bloated with the effects of capitalism and the cool zucchini fries that Jen whipped up, I'm back home. The big kids are away. It is quite quiet.

This coming week there are no kids at camp, so I'm doing odd jobs. How odd? I don't know yet...

No comments: