Sunday, October 23, 2005


We went to Hidden Villa today, even though the kids were in foul moods, because Alex had a video project due for school which involved documenting a trip to the farm. Jen helped him with it while I alternately wrangled the girls and took photos. Nate was grouchy and stubborn, and Sophie was pouty, which made the grownups less happy than they would have been otherwise. Despite all of this, I feel recharged, like I always do when I go there. Jen and I have grand plans to go there alone at some point. There is a cottage you can rent for weekend getaways...

It is supposed to be cool this week, with rain entering the picture towards next weekend. I'm full of the need to get projects done, like cleaning the garage or finishing the stalled OAC stories. Maybe doing some holiday shopping... Or perhaps putting together some materials for work. I'm in the middle of setting up a new cage for the new scorpion as well, but I've been foiled by the fact that all of the outlets have things plugged into them. The compressed coconut fiber substrate is still moist too, which is just not acceptable because the scorpion is from a part of the world with a dry climate. Details, details. Even if the kids weren't here, we'd still never quite finish everything that needs finishing. Is simplifying an option? We're trying to get rid of stuff, of course, but there always seems to be more hiding around the corner.

I'm looking forward to Sleepytime Gorilla Museum next week, and then Halloween, followed by a local appearance by Lemony Snicket, and a couple of nights of Current 93 and friends. Then the holidays will descend upon us.

No comments: