Tuesday, October 18, 2005


I went to get pet food earlier and I was conquered by that age old marketing ploy of putting merchandise next to the register. There they were - a bunch of cute little scorpions all lined up just waiting to be taken home. I resisted the ones that the owner told me were called "Arizona Reds," because he didn't seem positive of their identity. The thing with buying scorpions is that you need to be sure you're purchasing something that isn't lethal. Flat Rock Scorpions, native to South Africa, are not lethal, so I bought one. As their name suggests, they tend to be somewhat flat, with tails that fold over sideways so they can crawl into cracks in rocks. I've got to work on that impulse buying problem of mine.

Weatherwise, the clouds lingered over the tops of the hills all day before finally pouring over into the valley during the late afternoon. It's overcast at the moment, and it looks like it might rain, despite what the forecast says. There's lots of plant debris on the ground too, due to some late night windiness. I love this time of year.

Oh, and earlier, when I went in to check on Sophie in the bathroom, I found her sitting on the little potty (she now refuses to have anything to do with the convenient flushable one) with her pants down and the floor covered in those little cheese flavored goldfish crackers. I asked her what had happened, and she replied, "they were in my pants!!"

At the same time, a half asleep Willow was heard to say from the other room, "wipe yourself!" That's a bit holier-than-thou coming from somebody who hasn't even figured out the toilet thing yet.

No comments: