Monday, September 19, 2005

The weather forecast calls for rain late tonight and into tomorrow. I don't believe it. Today was too hot and clear to allow me to believe that any rain is forthcoming. One can hope, though. Jen's birthday and the Autumn Equinox are both happening this week. Happy almost birthday to Jen! Happy almost Equinox to us all.

Earlier, Sophie (okay, I'll stop calling her "The Dickens" now - Willow is quickly taking over that particular calling, that mischievous devilry of the very young...), Willow, and I went out and spent some time with the frogs. Sophie is quite adept at catching the Milkweed bugs (called "Fence Bugs" by the kids after their preferred perching place) in jars and dropping them in the frog cage. The frogs hide while she does this, but when nobody is looking pop up out of the murk and swallow all of the bugs like nobody's business. There is only one cricket left from yesterday too. Hungry frogs.

I went to the pet store yesterday and got food for all of the various reptiles and arachnids. Then I filled the car with gas, which I notice has gone down in price slightly. It's funny how doing simple things like this makes me feel more on top of things. That's the secret of life, I guess. Get all of the little tasks out of the way. Clean the house. Get rid of stuff that you don't use (Jen spent some time doing this today - maybe I should too). Lots more to do though, as usual.

Okay, it looks like the kids are all asleep now. Time to go watch some more Six Feet Under.

No comments: