Saturday, September 17, 2005




After finally getting the cable we needed, we just tried to hook up our backup monitor, only to find that it has problems of its own, so we'll have to live a bit longer with the one that shuts itself off without warning on an increasingly regular basis. Oh, the woes of the modern era!

The past week was pretty much a dream week for me at work. The kids from all three of the schools staying a camp were thoughtful, well-educated, and relatively well-behaved. There were no problems from my end at all. I haven't gotten back into a routine yet, which is a good thing. Falling into a routine can kill creativity. I'm trying to do things that I haven't done before, which will ensure that I continue to be enthusiastic about going to work.

I did a science birthday party today as well, which is something I haven't done since mid-July. It went smoothely, but the parents, being wealthy and thus disconnected from the trials and travails of the proletariat, neglected to tip me. A pox on them. A couple of the kids in attendance recognized me from summer camp though. That was nice.

Here's a couple of pictures that I couldn't put up on Flickr due to my being too cheap to pay for an upgrade. The first one is of the Seattle skyline, as seen from Gasworks park. The second is a detail from a piece of art that was literally under my feet as I took the first picture. The third was taken outside the ReBar, and what a disreputable looking bunch they are...

Time for bed now.

No comments: