Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I took the California Kingsnake to work this morning, and we let it go in the garden. It made a good visual for the lesson about how organic farmers protect their crop from pests. Everything else went by quickly, and according to plan. It was hotter than I would have liked, but I'm sure that will change soon enough. I took some luminol and bleach water with me on the night hike - substances that, when mixed, glow blue for a brief moment. The kids thought it was pretty cool, and it made a great introduction to the glow worm story I tell before feeding them lifesavers that spark in the dark. The only problem is that at the end of the hike, I had to carry the plastic container full of the liquid mixture back to camp. It just wouldn't do to dump bleach on the trail. I'll have to think of a better way to transport it if I do it again.

At home I ate a big bowl of ice cream. You have to be fast around here to get ice cream. It mysteriously vanishes.

Hmmm... and I can't seem to upload photos at the moment. Maybe later.

No comments: