Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Today was a day when campers found many small objects on the ground and wanted to take them home. The bits of bark and leaf we used to make little picture frames for the polaroids we had taken (multiple shots of a hapless family of coots), the fish hooks I made them hand over to me... and the dead lizard - I never thought I'd have to tell somebody that they couldn't take a dead lizard home. That's just common sense, isn't it?

At the museum, we combined several types of paint, some shaving cream, corn oil, and gak (borax, clear glue, water, and food coloring) with our hands to make an unholy concoction that resembled, both in texture and color, pond scum. The kids absolutely loved it!

The job gods have offered me a glint of light at the end of the tunnel. It may even not be a train. We'll see.

No comments: