Friday, February 26, 2016

Attack of the Ultra Dinner Guests II

One final Stanford Sierra Camp memory, and then I'll be done.

I can't remember what year this happened, but it was probably during the very early eighties. The dining area was similar to the one at my current job, with a good number of people seated together at each table, meaning that there would often be two or more families eating together. At one meal, we found ourselves seated next to a couple named Roger and Julie. My parents had no idea who they were, but I did. I think Greg did too, although I can't remember for sure. He was still pretty young.

Their last name was Corman, if that helps. If not, click on the links above.

Greg spent a lot of time hanging out with the Cormans, but he has always been more social than I am. I would usually find at least one like-minded kid my own age and go exploring out on the lake in a plastic kayak (called "playaks") or hike up to the lower falls to catch garter snakes.

No comments: