Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Of Vomit and Missing Limbs

I arrived at work on Monday evening to find the hub reeking of vomit, and traces of it still on the floor. So, my first act of the work week was to mop up the remains of a camper's dinner. Yes, the floor had already been mopped, but the kid had done such a stellar job of splattering that spots were missed. Earlier, the same kid had thrown up on this week's hub host, spattering her legs and covering her backpack. Thankfully, by the time I got there, the kid had already gone home, so I was safe from his gastric expulsions. I wasn't safe from the influx of weeping kids who missed their mommies though. I managed to get them cheered up (more or less) and into bed before too much time had passed. Later, I had to wake up four different kids so they wouldn't wet their beds. I'll wake them all up again tonight. It's shaping up to be a busy week.

Tonight, a kid who'd eaten too much used his dinner to paint the floor of the bathroom in his cabin, so for the second time this week, I got out the mop. I also caught a trio of frogs who were singing their little amphibian hearts out down by the pool, and released them somewhere more conducive to long-term amphibian happiness.

Oh yeah, and I found a skink with a missing leg. It didn't seem to be much of a hindrance.

No comments: