Sunday, March 25, 2007

Life keeps distracting me from updating this page. It's also distracting me from writing my novel. I am, however, going to be performing at a show at the Temescal in Oakland next Saturday, at an event put together by my brother. So are lots of other people. I'll post something more specific here when I get the chance.

The work week flew by again, slightly marred by the usual snafu during the set-up for the astronomy program at our second site. After a power cable was found and a password became known, the only thing we had to deal with was a laptop with a dead screen. We got around that by attaching it to a projector and projecting the image onto a movie screen. That's what we were trying to do anyway, since the whole point of the struggle was to show the campers our astronomy slide show.

On Thursday night, Matt and I went up to a bar called Amnesia to see Faun Fables, who were excellent. Black Bird Stitches and Mandrake opened the show. Also excellent. A show review may show up on my other site.

Then, on Saturday, Jen and I, accompanied by Matt, all went to see Sleepytime Gorilla Museum at Slim's, also in S.F. We even went out for Ethiopian food before the show. Our getting to go out together is such a rarity that it had me smiling all night. The food and the show helped too, as both were excellent. Again, a show review is pending.

And finally, a quote from Willow, who when asked where the video remote was, replied, "the 'mote is buried in the cemetery!"

No comments: