Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ice


Ice
Originally uploaded by Corbie.
For the first time in my memory, the pond at work froze. Many of you reading this (all 2 or 3 of you) might find this a non-topic, but you've got to remember that this is California we're talking about here. Things don't often freeze in California, unless you're up in the mountains. Of course, the ice is only about a centimeter thick, but I was still pretty excited to see it. Maybe it will kill the duckweed.

Tonight it's raining, which sort of caught us by surprise. We had to interrupt the campfire program and shift all of the kids out of the amphitheater and into the picnic shelter. Our boss called to warn us to be careful of ice on the road, and sure enough there was some just where she said there would be. Road crews had thoughtfully scattered sand across it to improve traction, but I still slid a tiny bit. I drive like a Californian, I guess. Ice doesn't often figure into the equation around here.

No comments: