Monday, September 18, 2006

Mother And Child


Mother And Child
Originally uploaded by Corbie.
Jen is back home, still feeling lightheaded and tired. Apparently whatever is wrong poses no immediate danger to her. They do want her to come back in a month to check her out again.

Jen is good at perplexing doctors.

It's great to have her home again.

With Willow sleeping over at a friend's house for a second day in a row, and the three older kids dropped of at school by their dad (and all with scheduled playdates afterwards) I started the Fall season of outdoor school. It's been about three months since I last did this, but I slipped right back into the groove, although I must say a portion of my mental energy was spent worrying about Jen.
The construction of the new lodge created steady background noise, so I spent less time near the buildings. This is going to be the case for at least the next year or so.
The coolest thing about today (other than Jen coming home, that is) was the Rattlesnake - the one I always check on. She had babies! There were two visible, coiled up next to her, and probably more out of sight somewhere. Willow and I saw her on Saturday, and she looked a lot thinner than usual then, so she probably had the babies (Rattlesnakes give birth - they don't lay eggs) over the weekend sometime. The mother doesn't care for them in any way, so seeing the young nearby is an indication that the births were very recent.

The kids in my group took lots of pictures. It was a good way to start the week. Definitely something you don't see every day.

No comments: