Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Labor Day is behind us but summer seems to linger. After a week of maintainence work, I'm now in the middle of inservice week - setting up for outdoor school and attending meetings that range in subjects from teaching strategies to pandemic awareness. Something like a major outbreak of West Nile Virus or Bird Flu could wreak havoc on us. Not to mention bedbugs or headlice. I think if something really nasty makes itself known, I'm staying home. Of course, I may be staying home a lot this month anyway due to my continuing lack of "permanent" status. I'm still not sure how much of the rest of September I'll be working. This is stressful. It's bad enough not having benefits, but the lack of guaranteed work makes matters worse. Lets see how the next (possibly as early as later this month) hiring for a permanent position goes. There are still people ahead of me in line (meaning that they've been there longer) though.

Money stress aside, things are going okay. The boys are now avid bike riders. Sophie is still an avid tantrum thrower. Willow is still eating things frozen when they ought to be cooked. Jen is hard at work with her writing jobs, and I went and started a new blog focusing on music reviews. Check it out here. There's not much there yet, but I plan on adding to it regularly.

No comments: