Friday, January 13, 2006


Jen is on her way to Texas, with a stopover in Denver, a city in which I once slept on a stranger's apartment floor. A good place for stopovers, I guess. Alex is in school, but the other three are home. Nate said he was sick this morning, so we let him stay home. Sick of school, I think.

Another week of science camp is over. Since I am home with the kids, my field class this morning was facilitated by the two cabin leaders who hiked with us this week. I'm sure they did fine, even though the kids this week tended to be unfocused and selectively hard of hearing. These negative points were more than balanced out by their general excitement at being in the hills and on the trails. I can tell that they really needed the experience.

I went to see Sleepytime Gorilla Museum in Santa Cruz at the Catalyst with M last night. Tonight they're playing in L.A., followed by and end of tour gig at the Great American Music Hall in S.F. on Saturday. The show was brilliant as always, with a couple of new songs added to the set, one of which Nils dedicated to Per. They've made up some Per shirts too, using his alias of Ward C. Picnic and of course featuring his artwork. I still keep half expecting him to see him walk into the room when I'm around that crowd, even though I know he never will.

Look at Sleepytime pictures on Flickr, since for some reason I still can't upload photos here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, found you through your lovely wife's site. Always read you (as well)now because you present such a calm, nature-loving, sweetly patient voice. We married in the circle of Redwoods in the park on the hill and are former teachers who've been through your very program. I love that you see that the challenging kids are the ones who need it most. Also, we've missed the newts, plants and birds since moving away. Thanks for sharing them with us again.