Thursday, April 21, 2005

We've gotten a new computer, thanks to Uncle Jay who works at a work where the high tech Joneses must be kept up with. The Joneses all got new computers, so the old computer, which is still much newer than our computer, is now sitting on our desk here in our room. Yay.

I worked the Thursday night program this week, which isn't my favorite. It's set up like Jeopardy, except all of the questions are 5th/6th grade science standard based. Afterwards, the kids get to dance, which is fun. I'm just not much of a dancer myself, at least not to the kind of music deemed appropriate for a sixth grade dance.

Wednesday night, during the night hike, I told the kids the myth I made up a couple of weeks ago. They quietly listened, and just as I finished there was a soft hooting from the tree directly behind me. We looked up and saw that a small owl was listening in. It flew off when it realized it had been spotted. It added a bit of magic to the whole experience.

There are bats living near the staff room too. One of my co-workers pointed them out to me earlier. Neat.

No comments: