Tuesday, April 05, 2005

They've gone and changed night hike night to Wednesday in order to make way for the new astronomy program. This will give us some breathing room, since lately the routine has been to go on a night hike and then rush back to the school to look through telescopes. If you've ever tried "rushing" through Redwood forest at night with twenty plus elementary school students then you know why I say that I'm glad the astronomy program now has its own separate night.

Today a kid named Dodo spotted the first Giant Salamander larva of the season. It was only a couple of inches long and quickly squeezed out of sight amongst the rocks at the bottom of the creek.
I also re-caught an Alligator Lizard I'd initially seen last night while setting up for the campfire. I think it's gravid.




Strange being home early on a Tuesday.

No comments: