Friday, August 26, 2016

Hike at Santa Teresa County Park

In a way, I feel like I'm wasting my time off. I've never been that good at planning things, and when I don't plan things, I revert to my default position of reading and listening to music. So, if nothing else, I'm getting a lot of reading and music listening done.

I went on another walk yesterday, and in an attempt to go somewhere new I decided to pick a hike out of the second edition of the "Healthy Trails" pamphlet produced by the Santa Clara County Parks and the Public Health Department. I ended up at Santa Teresa County Park on a hazy day. It wasn't that hot for late August, and there was a breeze, which was fortunate because there was very little shade on the loop hike I selected. The pamphlet places the hike in the "strenuous" category, and informs the reader that there is a 655' elevation gain. My fitbit tells me that there was a 1010' elevation gain, probably because it counts every little up and down, rather than simply subtracting the lowest point from the highest point.

I didn't see any animals other than fence lizards and vultures, and one small hawk way up high.


In the middle photo below, my car sits alone in the distant parking lot. I didn't pass a single hiker on the 5 mile loop. I did see couple of people in the distance though.

No comments: