Tuesday, January 05, 2016

The Second of the Storms

On my first shift back at work after the holidays, it rained all night. It was a cold, steady rain with occasional gusts of wind rattling the vents and doors. We have around 130 kids at camp this week, all from the same school. For the most part, they slept through the deluge. I killed the time through the small hours by reading and listening to music.

I took my Canon to work and snapped a few photos of glistening cement. Raindrops on the lens left some interesting visual artifacts.


I still have a persistent cough which is accompanied by the usual runny nose and slight headache, but this too shall pass.

Outside, as I type, crows sit on the power lines, probably working out how to power their handheld devices. Crows don't miss a trick.

No comments: