Sunday, January 10, 2016

Diurnal

It appears that I'm working a daytime shift this week. The powers that be have decreed that all work-related e-mails be sent to our official work e-mail addresses, but for some reason, my password doesn't work, so I'm not privy to any information sent to that inbox. It's a good think that I went to the Primitive Skills workshop yesterday, during which my coworker, Kestrel, informed me that I was working as a field instructor this week. I'd better see about getting my password reset. Of course, I'm operating on the assumption that e-mail was sent to that account. For all I know, I was supposed to get the information by osmosis.

Sometime yesterday, the door to the chicken coop blew closed, so when I went out to shut it for the night, I found that it was already shut and the chickens weren't inside. After a little sleuthing, I discovered them all crammed into the old coop, which is big enough to fit 2 or 3 chickens, not 6. It was like a chicken clown car when they came out, although I had to reach in and grab about half of them because chickens aren't good at navigating after dark.

Today's photo is another view of the local "creek", taken from a different overpass. The buildings on the left are part of a new local housing development. The developers are really cramming them in these days. There is space for shops on the ground floor at the front, but I'm sure that the undoubtedly high rent will prevent anything interesting from appearing there.


At least last week's rain left a few puddles.

No comments: