Tuesday, September 15, 2015

First Night Back

After a day trying to rent (one on hand that nobody could start), then buy, a chainsaw (which ended up being cheaper than the rental fees would have been), and then reducing the huge branch laying across our fence and into the parking area behind our house, I headed off to work and resumed my school year duties as night supervisor.

Unbeknownst to me at the time, Jeanine took a picture of me in action:


There is a new security guard sharing my space, and he seems nice enough. He also seems more competent and is definitely more comprehensible than the the one from Spring and Summer. The new schedule is a bit confusing (I have new start and end times, but I don't quite know what they are), but things more or less went as they usually do. In fact, it was an easier than usual Monday night for me.

While out walking, I encountered a toad in the usual spot.


Today, my cousin Peter, who currently lives in Boston but is in town for a job interview, is stopping by. It's his first time in California. The possibility of him moving out here is exciting. I've never lived in the same state as any of my relatives (immediate family excluded, of course).

No comments: