Monday, September 22, 2014

Walking

I've been involved in the "Walk to Mordor" challenge for awhile now. In fact, I can't remember when I started. The challenge is simply to walk the distance walked by Frodo and Sam in Lord of the Rings. It's a long way. 1779 miles, to be exact. To date, I've walked 1162 of those miles, with 617 left to go. My goal this year was to complete the challenge before December 31st, but slightly over 3 months of the year left, that no longer looks very realistic. I started off strongly, walking 100 miles in January. Unfortunately, I slacked off after that, especially over the summer. I hate walking long distances in the heat. Case in point, I only walked 12 miles in August (although, to be fair, I didn't log any of the walking I did at Lava Beds). As of this writing, I've walked 19 miles in September, which isn't a lot, but it's better than nothing. I walked nearly 8 of those miles this weekend though. Nothing like making up for lost time.

It's cloudy out today, and there is a bit of a bite to the air at night. There's also a good chance that it might rain later in the week. That would be nice.

No comments: