Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Phones and Fog

I've finally given in. I've become one of those people who takes pictures with his phone. I've always resisted new technology, mostly because new technology comes with hidden risks (for example, look at how many people get killed by cars), but also each new invention becomes a new crutch - something that all of a sudden nobody can live without. I don't want those kinds of chains on me.

I only have a cell phone at all because they keep being given to me. A while back, Jeanine, tired of never being able to get hold of me due to the nearly inoperable state of my old phone, got me an iPhone. So, I now sometimes take a picture or two with it, but only when I don't have an actual camera with me. Now that I generally use bigger (and slightly less portable) cameras, if a particular moment or thing catches my eye, the phone comes out. Damn. I've been sucked in.

This is a weird lead-in to a picture of the rays of the morning sun spearing through the dissipating mist, but sometimes life can be that way. I really love those fog-enshrouded mornings. Most of the time, I want the fog to stick around for the whole day. Sadly, that rarely happens.

No comments: