Thursday, June 12, 2014

Transition

Willow is no longer an elementary school student. Today, along with over a hundred of her classmates, she graduated. Each student got a chance to step up to the mic and make a promise to his or her parents. Willow's promise was that she would always be true to herself and be kind to others. Very nice. I'll hold her to it. Many of the boys (as well as a few of the girls) made weak promises about trying to be nice to their younger siblings. A few of the promises were funny, some were poignant, and some of them had loopholes you could shove Rush Limbaugh through (the ones that had words like "try" and "attempt" in them, for starters...).


They grow up so quickly. It really is true.

They also played a slideshow of pictures taken while the kids were at science camp. One of the photos was of me making a dirt angel, which is sort of like making a snow angel, except in the dirt. I'd forgotten I'd been photographed doing that. Some of Willow's classmates, perhaps forgetting that Willow was my daughter, asked me what I was doing at their school. My celebrity status is amusing sometimes.

No comments: