Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer Camp, Summer Solstice

Happy belated Summer Solstice to all. The days stretch a little long for my liking this time of year, so I'm glad that daylight time will once again be shaved off the mornings and evenings.

The first week of camp came and went with a minimum of hiccups. We all slipped right back into our Summer grooves without having to think about it. Midweek, as I stood half-immersed in the pond while singing a made-up song and holding a turtle, I had another one of those frequent moments where I suddenly stopped and said aloud, "I'm getting paid to do this right now!" It is indeed never too late to have a happy childhood.

My favorite camper quote of the week comes courtesy of a little boy named Fox, who said (and I paraphrase here), "you guys always fix my problems. That's why I sign up for this camp!"

In the yard, the unharvested artichokes are blooming, and so is pretty much everything else.


Here are some photos from the first week of camp.

No comments: