Saturday, January 25, 2014

Death and Remembrance

Yesterday was the two year anniversary of the death of Greek filmmaker Theo Angelopoulos, and tomorrow is the four year anniversary of the death of my mom. Continuing the trend of making this week heavy with death, Italian film composer Riz Ortolani has shuffled off this mortal coil, leaving behind a legacy of music. I listened to his score for the notorious "Cannibal Holocaust" to commemorate his passing. It really is beautiful music.

Here's an interesting short article and interview about Angelopoulos. With his death on my mind, I was looking for information about the film he had been working on when he was killed, hoping that enough of it had been finished to enable posthumous completion. Sadly, this won't be happening. Only 12 minutes had been shot at the time of his death.

I've got something planned to mark the fourth anniversary of my mom's death too, but that's tomorrow...

No comments: