Thursday, January 03, 2013

Night and Day

At the beginning of my holiday break, I was having trouble readjusting my sleep schedule. My goal this school year has been to stay awake all night at camp, not because I've suddenly become masochistic or anything like that, but because my boss told me I had to. She did say I could sleep during my one hour break, but I decided against doing that because it really isn't enough time to bother with. The drawbacks are that I now sleep most of the day during the weeks I work nights, and as mentioned above, having trouble readjusting myself to a diurnal schedule during the weeks that I don't. During the first week of the holiday break, I spent several days falling asleep early, and then waking up somewhere between 2:00 and 3:00 in the morning and not being able to get back to sleep for hours. I eventually slipped back into a diurnal schedule, but that will change next week when I go back to working nights. I might actually start taking my allowed naps at night to see if it makes a difference. I still have a few more daytime days though.

We're heading over the hill to Felton tonight to see Marissa Nadler. If we're lucky, we might see some meteors, since the Quadrantid Meteor Shower is happening at the moment.

Currently listening to Celer "Without Retrospect, The Morning"

No comments: