Tuesday, January 01, 2013

More Numbers...

The four digit number on the calendar now ends with a "3" instead of a "2". To celebrate this annual changing of the numbers, lots of people blew things up and/or got so shit-faced last night that they temporarily forgot their names. Some people even died. As a society, why do we celebrate relatively meaningless events in obnoxious and occasionally lethal ways?

I've already posted how many pages I read over the past year, but forgot to mention how far I walked. It's not quite as impressive as either the number of pages I read or the distance I walked in 2011, but here it is anyway: 432.36 miles. I'm going to have to improve on that this year.

Wishing everybody a meaningful 2013.

Currently listening to: Neurosis "Through Silver In Blood" from their excellent show last night. Check it out here.

No comments: