Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Get Back To Work!

I'm in the middle of my first work night of the year. It's cold outside, and forecast to be colder by the end of the week. The kids are all in bed, and I'm managing to stay awake somehow, mostly through the constant application of literature, music, and film, although I haven't watched any DVDs yet tonight.

I still haven't written down any vows or resolutions for the new year, and there's a good chance that I won't get around to it at all. That doesn't mean that I won't improve myself in any way, it just means I don't feel the need to make it official. That said, I've set myself the task of besting my monthly walking mileages from last year. This means that during some months, like this month, I'll really have to spend a lot of time walking, and on other months, like June (during which I only logged 10 miles in 2012) and December (during which I only logged 4), I'll have it relatively easy.

By the end of the month, I'll probably regret having logged 74 miles last January. We'll see.

Currently being kept awake by: Tom Waits "Paris At Midnight"

No comments: