Wednesday, September 01, 2010

With school in session once again, I would like a few Autumn clouds now and then. The days have been warm and blue, with a bit of breeze here and there, but I haven't yet detected that distinct autumnal smell in the air. Everything is dry and the hills are golden with spent Summer grass.

I wonder what kind of Winter this will be.

Next week is our in-service week at camp (truncated to four days due to the holiday), and the week after that finds me back in my old role as night supervisor. I'm going to try a little harder to land some substitute gigs this season, or maybe even renew my attempts to find a full time teaching job. I've got some ideas rolling around inside my head.

My immediate compulsion is to wander into the hills with my camera and take pictures. I want to record the sounds out there too. I want to see the first drops of rain send up little puffs of dry Summer dust. I want to hear the insects and amphibians sing.

No comments: