Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I got in about 4 hours of student teaching time this morning, although truth be told, I didn't actually do any teaching. We all gathered in the library and watched the inauguration instead. This is just as well, because that's what I would have done had I stayed home. It was amazing to see the footage of the reported 2 million people there to see the event, and I actually found Obama's short speech inspiring. I loved his comment about science - a subtle dig at the previous administration's purposeful ignorance of the subject. I hope he can back up his words with some right action.

And oh yes, I was quite happy to see Bush fly away. I'm tossing my shoes in jubilation! Too bad Senator Kennedy had to seize up though.

I like the school too. The library is the hub of a round building, with the classrooms and offices around the periphery. More architects should use circles in their planning. The kids remembered me, of course. There were even three girls wearing their camp sweat-jackets. Good to see.

Now, I'm home. I figured out how to make my old scanner work on my laptop. I'm drinking coffee. I'm wondering where the cds I ordered nearly a month ago are. I've got to leave in a few minutes to go pick up Willow. We have a date with the library today.

No comments: