Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ringneck Snake Ring


Ringneck Snake Ring, originally uploaded by Corbie.

I found this little Ringneck snake upside down near the base of a tree. It was cold and raining, and at first I thought it was dead. I picked it up to show the twenty campers I was leading up the driveway back to camp, explaining to them that it was dead as I did so. Before I finished talking, I noticed that it had moved its tail ever so slightly. I revised my explanation at that point.
I'm not sure how it came to be upside down in the cold rain. Perhaps it fell out of a crevice in the bark of the tree I found it near. Maybe it had been out and about earlier in the day before the rain moved in. Whatever the case may have been, it was the easiest time I've ever had catching a Ringneck snake.

No comments: