Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I brought home a can of worms for the worm bin today, and installed the wriggly little critters in their new abode. Less in the landfill, more for the soil.

At work this morning our group was accompanied by a camera crew who were shooting segments for onee of our fundraising groups. They were more interested in seeing outdoor school, as opposed to summer camp, activities so I taught a couple of mini-lessons on animal classification and weathering. We found a salamander nymph too. They filmed at least one other group and did some interviews with campers as well. When it's all edited together it will be posted on a web site somewhere. Link to follow at that time.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we saw a Bullfrog eating a Crayfish a couple of days ago. That's another first for me. Those damn Bullfrogs will eat anything, won't they?

I took Nate out to get some monster movies last night because he's been pestering us to get him some. I picked up Tremors because it's good monster fun, and Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes and The Mummy because they were really cheap used videos. Nate's watched them all and given them the thumbs up. I forgot about all of the cussing in Tremors though, mainly because the last time I watched it I wasn't thinking about whether it would be appropriate for children or not. As a parent, I find that I watch films in a much different way than I used to. Everything now goes through the, "is it okay for kids?" filter. The verdict on these three films: yes, sort of. Monster movies are cool.

No comments: