Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Pacific Giant Salamander Exiting Stage Left

Just when I was wondering to myself why I hadn't seen any Pacific Giant Salamanders in nearly a year, I roll over a log and there one is. It sat still while all of the kids crowded around before getting tired of all the attention and disappearing into an old Redwood stump. One of the kids thought it was so cool that he changed his nickname to "Salamander" on the spot.
Since then, our group has found a Garter snake, two Ringneck snakes, a juvenile Rattlesnake, Scorpions, Alligator lizards, mice, a rabbit... the list goes on. It's been a busy week.

Earlier tonight we all headed down to the boys' school to watch the glee club, featuring Alex, sing some songs. I ended up missing most of it because I was chasing after the girls outside, but I was inside for the national anthem. We were asked to stand to honor America. I decided to focus my honoring on Argentina, since America, divided as it is into North, Central, and South, is a pretty big place to honor as a whole.

During the whole anthem, Willow screamed, "SIT DOWN! SIT DOWN!"

Heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being only a few miles from the border, we'll take Canada. Your dry delivery of really funny stuff...it is perfect.
Thank you.
Readers Up to the North