Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sunday evening again. Time has chewed up the weekend and spit the remains into the compost pile of the past. I still have clear memories of it being Friday afternoon and watching the pollen leave the trees in little puffs, knowing that it would all end in sneezing for somebody. Allergy season is indeed upon us. It's even affecting me this year. Mildly though.

Saturday I did a couple of parties. The first one was nice, being in a backyard full of attentive kids, and being at the home of people who remembered to tip for good service. The second one was out in the boonies, did not have parking in front, took place in a crowded garage, was attended by children who were unfazed by any attempts to get them to focus, and resulted in no tip. Oh well. I drowned my sorrows by spending my tip money on a triple cd of bands nobody has ever heard of paying tribute to a wide range of science fiction films.

That night, Jen took some needed time off and went to a party while I stayed home with the kids. We all stayed up too late. Certain members of this household refuse to go to sleep unless their mom is here. Lexy held out the longest, finally conking out sometime between 1 and 2 in the morning.

Today Willow, Jen, and I headed for the hills. We soon found out that the only way to get Willow past the muddy bits was to pick her up and run with her.


No comments: