Sunday, March 06, 2005

I've never been one to succumb to Seasonal Affective Disorder (aka SAD). In fact, I love Winter, whether it be pelting rain or frost-crusted landscapes. This is at least partially due to the aesthetic pleasure I take from anything gloomy. That said, I do love the first days of springlike weather every year. There's something about finally going outside in a t-shirt that has a positive effect on my psyche.

Jen, Willow, and I spent the day languidly doing errands, performing household tasks, and enjoying the weather and each other's company. We went to the library, a record store (where I used some of yesterday's tip money to buy the new Six Organs of Admittance cd), and a pet store. It felt good. The cycle of the seasons, especially during in-between times like Spring and Autumn, reminds me that not everything is passing rudely by at 100 mph. Life should be lived slowly, with attention to detail. Most often it is not.

No comments: