Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I feel like I'm getting more done at work this week. I know the trails a bit better now, and it hasn't been raining as much. My field group is pretty good too. Most of them, anyway. Yesterday, we even did some water testing, discovering that the pH level in the creek is just a bit too far from neutral - 8.6. We managed to get a campfire roaring in the waterlogged fire pit as well, by building a log platform in the middle of it so the fire would be elevated.
Today we slopped around on muddy trails, even stopping to paint our faces with some particularly inviting mud. The stars were out for the night hike, although light pollution from nearby cities erased much of the eastern sky.

I'd love to be up in the hills during a total blackout. The night is never really dark otherwise.

I'm feeling a vague sense of inspiration right now. I want to get more things done. I want to improve myself. I want to clean the house. I want to have more money in the bank. I want to spend more quality time with my family. I want to get back to drawing things on a regular basis. The problem is that I'm always either too busy or too tired. Such is the way of things.

No comments: