Saturday, November 05, 2016

Verbosity and Photos to Combat a Long Period of Silence

Suddenly, it's November. Halloween has come and gone. Willow went out with her friends, so I didn't see her that night. We forgot to buy pumpkins, but Jeanine purchased this cool little projector a few weeks ago, and it more than made up for our oversight. In short, we projected little loops of zombies, ghosts, and other holiday-standard images onto the window facing the driveway. I easily found an appropriate soundtrack somewhere in the depths of my record collection (Vagina Dentata Organ's "Music for Hashasins", if you must know), and away we went. Jeanine counted somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 trick-or-treaters. Every one of them got a balloon wand along with candy.

We've gotten enough rain to dampen the dust on the trails at camp. I've completed the October walking challenge run by my employer, the county office of education, and even though it was a step challenge, I notice that I walked more than 300 miles in October. That might be a personal best. Our team(s) didn't win, but if everybody had walked as much as me (or my overachieving friend and coworker, Jellyfish), we would have won easily.

Here are a bunch of recent photos taken at camp.





Yeah, I know... More spiders and snakes. The Argiope spiders are everywhere right now, and their webs are twinkling with moisture. I love Autumn.

I set up my trailcam in the garden for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I didn't get the expected fox. Instead, I got this:




Raccoons are such clowns.


No comments: