Thursday, October 01, 2015

The forecast for today called for possible thunderstorms, but I'm looking out the window at an expanse of blue sky, with a few white, fluffy clouds around the fringes. Yesterday, it actually rained a bit, making the roads slick enough to bring cars together in expensive ways. It occurred to me that there are probably a lot of drivers in California who had never driven in the rain before yesterday.

Then, yesterday evening, we got yet another spectacular sunset.


We've been getting a lot of those lately though.


So far, only one of the Safeway chicks is crowing. Jeanine has named him "Pot Pie". He sleeps in a cat carrier in the garage so he won't wake up the neighborhood every morning. Anybody want a rooster? Maybe two or three roosters?


The nights at work this week have been relatively easy, with the exception of Tuesday night when a kid decorated his sleeping bag and mattress with his dinner. That's when I found that the washing machine still isn't working. I've also been waking up too early every afternoon, which means I'm operating on about five hours of sleep each day, instead of my preferred eight. Coffee is my friend.

No comments: