Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Sickness, Wind, and More Eggs

A bunch of kids went home sick today, with the same symptoms that afflicted the sick kids last week: fevers, headaches, and vomiting. Tonight, the wind has picked up a bit. I can hear it howling around the eaves, masking the distant susurration of agitated trees. The vents are clattering and clanking, and I'm sure that cabin doors will bang open and closed in conjunction with the heavier gusts.

At home, Mrs. Charles has started laying again, so now we have two chickens providing us with breakfast.

Midnight approaches, meaning that I have to go wake up an incontinent camper. So far this week, he hasn't actually had to get up and use the bathroom. I can't be complacent though. If I skip a night, that will be when the floodgates open and I'll have to fire up the laundry machine.

Rain is still in the forecast for Friday. This is good.

No comments: