Monday, February 09, 2015

An Ill Wind

At some point last week, some germs jumped from one of the 32 sick kids we sent home and invaded me. I've got a cough and a fever now, plus intermittent headaches and chills. I called in sick to work earlier, and Papa Bear, who is usually the night host at our other site, is covering for me. That means, if I'm better tomorrow, I'll be working at the site Papa Bear usually supervises, and he'll continue working at the one I usually manage. Nothing like a bit of change to keep the pot of life stirred up.

There was a good storm this weekend. On Friday, we drove over the hill in the pouring rain to see Murder By Death play at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. Saturday, it cleared up a bit, and I went on a walk that included visits to the post office, the book store, and a coffee shop. Sunday, I started feeling crappy, so I stayed home. At some point over the weekend, the wind blew down our fence, so the chickens have been cooped up (literally) for a couple of days now.



Jeanine set the wheels in motion to get an estimate on a new fence. I'm sure the chickens will be happy about that.

No comments: