Sunday, March 09, 2014

What Tomorrow Brings...

Remembered past is history and unknowable future is a mystery, and somewhere in the future lies the answer to the question about a man named Broughty Cole, who vanished off the face of the earth a little under a week ago, leaving his car parked at a marina near Sacramento. I didn't know Broughty, but he played drums for the opening band, Lasher Keen, at a show I attended a couple of days before his disappearance. I am slightly acquainted with his two bandmates though, and they're both fine examples of humanity. This fact, coupled with having seen him just a couple of days before he vanished, makes what is essentially yet another missing person case more personal (yes, they all suck, but we'd all be emotional wrecks if we took every bad news story personally). I find myself checking for updates quite often (there is a Facebook page set up to coordinate search efforts) and I donated some money to help fund the search efforts (you can too, if you are reading this in a timely manner - just go to the Facebook page and send money via Paypal to the e-mail address mentioned there).

Other than that, words fail, so here is a healing photo of a forest, taken earlier this week.


...And here is the most recent version of the flyer. I don't imagine that posting it here will make much of a difference, but I know for a fact that not posting it here will make exactly no difference.

No comments: