Wednesday, June 05, 2013

A Decade Ago...

One of the reasons I have this blog is because so that I can browse through earlier posts when I want to be reminded of the little things that would otherwise be washed away by the tides of time. It's amazing how many seemingly significant things escape my memory completely. Sometimes I like to see what I wrote about on this date in previous years (I actually got one of those line-a-day journals as a gift around a year and a half ago, so there's actually some redundancy. Plus, I actually write in that one every day).

As for what I was writing about on this date a decade ago, I was worrying about working too much and having to split my sleep schedule, and laughing about ducks. Today, I'm lying in bed and listening to music after sleeping all of the morning and a bit of the afternoon. Later, I'll go get Willow and we'll have some dinner together. She has only a couple of more school days left before she officially becomes a fifth grader. Jeanine is uncharacteristically working on a weekday today.

I have two more nights of work at camp before the school year officially ends for me. Then, summer camp set-up week begins and we're up and running with summer madness.

Currently listening to: In Gowan Ring - disc 3 of the new reissue of "The Glinting Spade"

No comments: